Specialist audit and accounting for AIM & AQSE listed plcs
We provide high quality audits for AIM and AQSE listed plcs at half the cost compared to large audit firms.
The problem with larger firms
Plcs listed on AIM or AQSE typically have to pay a premium for their audit fees
even though we have heard of plcs complaining about their auditors:
- fees are too high
- time is wasted on obsure accounting rules that are not material
- inefficient audits as junior staff ask irrelevant questions or information from previous audits is ignored
- basic accounting errors are not picked up due to a lack of expertise
- no personalised service and not feeling like a priority
We typically charge half the fees of the big firms and so can provide a very low cost audit for AIM and AQSE listed plcs without compromising on quality.
We make sure that the audit is planned effectively and that we focus on the key risks.
We don’t want to waste your time dealing with minor accounting rules and regulations if the users of accounts won’t care about it.
Its also important to complete the audit as soon as possible to avoid your shares being suspended for not announcing the annual results on time.
We apply a pragmatic approach to make sure we that we get the job done in good time, whilst obtaining enough audit evidence mitigate our audit risk.
We have gained valuable skills and experience from working with many AIM and AQSE listed plcs. Current audit clients include Catenae Innovation Plc and First Sentinel Plc and we have also prepared IFRS consolidated accounts for more than 20 others. Our files are also regularly inspected by the ICAEW and 3rd party consultants to ensure quality control.
In the last few years we have won numerous audits from Top 20 firms due to cost savings and by treating the clients as a priority.
MAH’s in depth knowledge and experience also allows us to easily deal with complex issues such as:
- Share options and dealing with the Black-Scholes model
- Intangible assets and also research and development tax credits
- Financial instruments such as convertible loans and derivatives such forwards, options and swaps
- Leases, right of use assets and lease liabilities
- Group accounts, consolidation adjustments and goodwill valuations
- Going concern – we focus on looking at the bigger picture and taking a view as to whether the company will be able to survive. As well as analysing forecasts and assumptions in detail, we’ll also take other factors into consideration when deciding whether or not we agree with the going concern basis.
Get in touch for a free consultation
If you are looking to save audit fees or to improve audit efficiency for your AIM or AQSE listed plc then please do contact us to setup a free consultation and we’ll be happy to help you.